Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hey Cubs Fans! Get Out To Watch Spring Training

Cubs Pitchers And Catchers Begin Spring Workouts

MESA, Arizona -- A much smaller crowd than I expected (especially on a gorgeous Saturday morning) gathered at the fields surrounding Sloan Park in Mesa to watch the Cubs' first official pitcher/catcher workout of the spring . . .
Really detailed and well-written reporting from Al Yellow with a photo and video gallery + a link for the Complete Guide to 2016 Cubs Spring Training.
Link to whole site >> http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2016/2/20/11079164/cubs-pitchers-catchers-spring-workouts#360677445
 
Some comments that local tourism officials might find interesting -people are asking about development around the sports complex 
keithrconrad
              Unrelated to actual baseball-related activity... 1 reply
Have they developed the area around Sloan Park yet? I know there’s a hotel there, just wondering if there’s anything else near the ballpark at this point. I know that was the plan when they originally moved
 
Al Yellon
So far, the hotel is the only development.
There’s no talk of more at the present time, but I do know eventually they’d like to build more.
            
 

No comments:

Believe it or not > This is severa degrees above the daily "normal" for summer temperatures...remainder of the week a degree or two warmer :)

  US National Weather Service Phoenix Arizona   t͏ o͏ r͏ o͏ S͏ d͏ n͏ p͏ e͏ s͏ 5͏ 3͏ 8͏ c͏ u͏ 5͏ a͏ 6͏ 1͏ t͏ f͏ 2͏ c͏ 6͏ m͏ g͏ 4͏ u͏ i͏ 1͏ 5͏...