Monday, November 27, 2023

406 Comments!! My view on the male-centric religions:- A Reply with Poll...by LaFeminista | Daily Kos

 

My view on the male-centric religions:- A Reply with Poll.
406
Comments
406 NEW

Starting point

I too was raised Lutheran, then again, my “faith’s tenets” always seemed irrelevant to me in any way. Buddhism fits what I believe as a philosophy and not a faith, it also accepts other faiths, philosophies, and creeds as they, in essence, do not change Buddhist philosophy at all. Basically, you can be a Buddhist and worship whatever pantheon of gods, angels, demons etc, etc, that you want to believe in.

My problem with male-centric religions.

  • They tend to be organized in a hierarchical male power-based structure.
  • Their power is based on possession of your “soul”, if you do not obey their “teachings” it will be damned forever.
  • They promote male privilege with respect to temporal and spiritual applications.
  • Historically they have been quite violent to even small deviations to their core beliefs/rituals.
  • They try to claim whole countries' populations belong to their particular version. I don’t remember having a vote on this one, then again, why would they allow me to?

*There may be exceptions, I haven’t studied theology and do not intend to.

Personally, I do not care what religion you believe in on an individual basis, I’ll only start to think/care when you promote one organization over any other. When it gets to fundamentalist levels I begin to worry and look for cover.

Just don’t try and convert me, my replies will vary, and sometimes I will even play along for fun, but mostly I won’t.

POLL
Do you picture your god as:
3603 Votes
·
Show me the results

No comments:

Believe it or not > This is severa degrees above the daily "normal" for summer temperatures...remainder of the week a degree or two warmer :)

  US National Weather Service Phoenix Arizona   t͏ o͏ r͏ o͏ S͏ d͏ n͏ p͏ e͏ s͏ 5͏ 3͏ 8͏ c͏ u͏ 5͏ a͏ 6͏ 1͏ t͏ f͏ 2͏ c͏ 6͏ m͏ g͏ 4͏ u͏ i͏ 1͏ 5͏...