20 April 2024

Opinion It’s not so ‘terribly strange to be 70’

 

Element | op-lamott-seventy
Uploaded: Apr 3, 2024

Opinion It’s not so ‘terribly strange to be 70’

Contributing columnist|
April 10, 2024 at 5:45 a.m. EDT
(Video: Andrea Levy for The Washington Post)
7 min

I turned 70 today, a young age for an older person to be, but it is the oldest I have ever been by a long shot. It has been well over six decades since I learned in arithmetic how to carry the one, and the rest has sped by like microfiche.

One big juicy, messy, hard, joyful, quiet life. That’s what my 70 years have bequeathed me.

No comments:

Presidential Medal of Freedom > Mike BLOOMBERG

  Mike Bloomberg @MikeBloomberg I’m deeply honored to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom from @POTUS . But this honor doesn’t just b...