15 July 2020

District 2 Mesa City Council Member Jeremy Whittaker Facing More Vicious Political Attacks

He went public on his assertions July 8th
The latest attack:
Here come the anonymous dark money attacks          
By in Uncategorized        
Candidates hide while dark money attacks
 
"I have spoken out on multiple occasions about anonymous dark money buying our Mesa City Council and the Mayor.
 
"Being vocal about this corruption has its consequences. I am the only Councilmember in which dark money continues to attack. I will give them the free publicity by reposting their attacks here because I know I’ve earned your trust over the last four years. I wear these attacks as a badge of honor. Win or lose these groups despise our campaign and what we stand for. Nothing will ever change that.
It’s time for people to ask, “Why is dark money and special interest groups spending so much money to remove me from office?”


________________________________________________________________________
Let’s take a trip down memory lane.
Do you remember when “Arizona Citizens United” attacked me in 2016? Here is one of their hit pieces. (My opponent is blurred out as I don’t want to bring her back into this mess)
 _______________________________________________________________________
> I debunked all of these false claims:
  • I am a proud Independent. I have no party affiliation. I feel as if the political system in America has lost its way and I want nothing to do with it. I will always be an Independent. You will hear false claims that I always change my party affiliation. In prior years you had to do this to get an early ballot for the primaries. I’ll judge politicians by their character not their party affiliation.
______________________________________________________________________________
Who is Public Integrity Alliance?
Public Integrity Alliance is run by three individuals according to their tax filings Tyler Montague, Pace Ellsworth, and Steve Cox.
UPDATE: Trevor Denton reached out and asked that his name be removed from being mentioned above. So I will move it. For complete transparency, he was listed on their tax returns as a “trustee or director” in 2013. A link to that document can be found by clicking on the image below. . .
________________________________________________________________________________
The hypocrisy
This group claims to be about “public integrity” in government. But here is the hypocrisy.
Do you remember Paul Peterson our old county assessor?
But you don’t hear anything from Public Integrity Alliance. Why? Look at the post below. all of these people run in the same elite circles. Public Integrity Alliance has no desire to bring integrity to Mesa. Their goal is simply to maintain power.
It is never popular for a politician to attack their opponent. So what Public Integrity alliance acts as is the “attack dog”. They do the dirty work so candidates can distance themselves from these attacks. But make no mistake they all run in the same elite circles. . .
Why?
Why the double standards?
Because their goal is not transparency and it never will be. It’s just a front organization for the elite to maintain control over our City.
It’s time to start asking who is buying your elected officials and why?
This election is not about winning to me. In fact, I ran for office to give my time back to my community. The truth is if you’re ready for me to go then I would encourage you to vote for my opponent. Until then I will stand up for an America and a Mesa that I can be proud to live in. I will continue to fight for every citizen in Mesa until you send me packing."