16 February 2024

MYSTERIOUS STATEMENT ON FUTURE PLANS: Maricopa County District 4 Supervisor Clint L. Hickman

NOW WE KNOW. . . According to his own statement: 
"—all things that come with public service. I’m proud of this period of my life, but I want more time with my family. . ."
 . . .Lesko will run to represent District 4, a conservative-leaning area that stretches across the northwestern Valley, encompassing some of the same geographic area as her congressional district.

Debbie Lesko is stepping away from Capitol Hill and eyeing a spot on the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. 
According to her filing, she will be running to replace Clint Hickman in District 4, a district that has traditionally elected Republicans.


Supervisor Clint Hickman

Statement on Future Plans

"For more than a decade, it has been my privilege to represent the West Valley as a Maricopa County supervisor. The communities of District 4 mean the world to me. I grew up here, worked at our family farm here, met my wife and raised our kids here. To be able to give back to a place that has given so much to me is an honor.

But time is a valuable commodity. We use it, and we never get it back. My family has been gracious and unselfish in supporting me as I’ve campaigned, served, held town halls and breakfasts with constituents, been part of early morning and late-night meetings about county business, made decisions that brought significant attention and had profound impact—all things that come with public service. I’m proud of this period of my life, but I want more time with my family.

Therefore, I will not seek another term as the county supervisor representing District 4. I am choosing to give my undivided attention to my wife, children, family business, and friends. I couldn’t be more excited.

To my constituents, thank you for trusting me to serve our West Valley. Never forget the power you have as voters to choose your representatives. They can be people of courage and integrity who share your values and put the wellbeing of the community first. It’s my sincere hope that I’ve been that kind of public servant for you."

White Seal


Maricopa County  |  301 W Jefferson St  |  Phoenix, AZ 85003

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Statement on Supervisor Hickman's Decision to Not Seek Re-Election

Maricopa County Logo
Supervisor Bill Gates

Statement from Supervisor Gates on Supervisor Hickman's Decision to Not Seek Re-Election to District 4 Seat

“It has been one of the greatest honors and privileges of my career to serve with Supervisor Clint Hickman for the past 7+ years. Clint brought a business perspective to the Board of Supervisors and helped Maricopa County become a low-tax, low-regulation oasis in the desert. People vote with their feet, and more than half a million people have moved to Maricopa County during Supervisor Hickman's time on the board.

As chairman in 2020, Clint Hickman faced intense pressure from leaders of our party to disregard his oath and refuse to certify the results of the Presidential Election. Chairman Hickman’s courage in standing up to this pressure as well as his commitment to doing the right thing have long inspired me and my colleagues to serve with the same integrity.

Clint has always been a family man first, and he is as proud of his wonderful wife and his three children as he is of the incredible legacy of the Hickman family in the West Valley. Maricopa County is losing a remarkable public servant in Clint Hickman – but I sincerely hope that he enjoys whatever adventure comes next.”

White Seal


Maricopa County  |  301 W Jefferson St  |  Phoenix, AZ 85003

No comments: